Top class scientists from all over the world visit the cluster of excellence PMI
- Lecturer: Leik Erik Sander, Charité Berlin
- Title: "Myeloid cell responses in severe COVID-19"
- Date: March 1st, 2022, 5 p.m.
- Place: ZOOM, Registration: https://uni-kiel.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN__GNlJrjXQROVwEE0CGwl6Q
- For: all members of the cluster of excellence, especially young scientists
About Leif Erik Sander:
He studied medicine at the Hannover Medical School and completed his clinical training as an internist and pulmonologist at Aachen University Hospital and at the Charité in Berlin. From 2008 to 2011, he trained as a postdoctoral fellow in the lab of Julie Blander at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York. In 2012 he set up his lab at Charité supported by an Emmy Noether-Fellowship from the German Research Foundation (DFG). He was appointed W2 (associate) professor at Charité in 2016. He is interested in the mechanisms of vaccination and infection, with a specific interest in the earliest events of the immune response.