Top class scientists from all over the world visit the cluster of excellence PMI
- Lecturer: Wolfram Goessling, Harvard Medical School and Massachusetts General Hospital / USA
- Title: "Cancer Predisposition – from bedside to fishtank and back"
- Date: June 14th, 2022, 5 p.m.
- Place: ZMB, seminar room 4. OG
- For: all members of the cluster of excellence, especially young scientists
About Wolfram Goessling:
Wolfram Goessling is the Robert H. Ebert Associate Professor of Medicine and Associate Professor of Health Sciences and Technology at Harvard Medical School. He received his MD and doctorate from the University of Witten/Herdecke in Germany. He trained in Internal Medicine at Brigham and Women's Hospital, served as Chief Medical Resident, and completed fellowship training in Hematology/Oncology at the combined Dana-Farber/Partners program and in Gastroenterology at the Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Goessling pursued his postdoctoral research with Dr. Leonard Zon at Children's Hospital, using zebrafish to characterize regulators of liver development, regeneration and cancer. He is the HMS Director of the Harvard-MIT Division of Health Sciences and Technology and Chief of the Gastroenterology Division at the Massachusetts General Hospital.